This web site is the property of Jonathan Bourke, and is protected by Irish and International copyright laws. All copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights in this site, are the property of Jonathan Bourke.
All Photographs on jonathanbourke.com are Copyrighted
All photographs on display at jonathanbourke.com are the property of Jonathan Bourke, unless otherwise stated, and are protected by Irish and International copyright laws. No permission, either express or implied, is granted for the electronic transmission, storage, retrieval, or printing of the photographs contained on jonathanbourke.com, other than that which is related to the normal “caching” practices of web browsers. No parties visiting jonathanbourke.com may otherwise copy, modify, publish, transmit, or distribute the contents of these photographs found on this site. Express written permission must be granted, in order to use the photographs at jonathanbourke.com for any purpose.
Copyright Owners Rights
As the owner of the copyright in photographs have the exclusive right to:
- reproduce the photographs—for example, by making prints, photocopying, and digitizing
- publish the photograph (make copies of the photographs available to the public for the first time)
- communicate the photograph to the public—for example, by putting the photographs onto a web site, broadcasting or faxing them or emailing digital files of them
As a creators of copyright works, I assert my “moral rights” in relation to my works. These are separate from copyright. Moral rights impose certain obligations on people who use a copyright work. As a photographer, I have the right to:
- be attributed as creator of my photographs
- take action if my work is falsely attributed
- take action if my work is distorted or treated in a way that is prejudicial to my honour or reputation
Non Commercial Web Use of Photographs
If you have a personal home page or non-commercial Web service, please feel free to use my photographs with a hyper linked credit on every page where one of my photos appears. Acceptable HTML is
Photographs courtesy <a href="http://www.jonathanbourke.com/">Jonathan Bourke</a>
That way people know who took the picture and also can find my on-line copyright statement. You do not need to pay for usage, though I would appreciate it if you could let me know by dropping me a line from my About page.
Commercial Web Use of Photographs
If you wish to use one of my images on a commercial web site, please do the following:
- Contact me in advance to arrange permission, using my about page
- Order commercial rights using the Fotomoto ordering system in the Portfolio section
- Ensure that all photographs are correctly credited as outlined above
Most of the pictures of people on my pages are not model-released. Advertising usage of photos (e.g., brochures, catalogs, print ads) is very different from editorial usage of photos (e.g., newspaper and magazine articles, books). You cannot use pictures in advertising (e.g., an on-line product brochure or anything else that is selling) without getting a model release from any person whose image is recognisable in the photo. You might also have problems if an image contains a recognisable physical property, e.g., Disneyland.