Change comes to us all, and this website is no different. Over the next couple of days I will be giving the entire site a refresh which should (if I am very careful and lucky ):
- Preserve all my blog content, including comments, permalinks, stats, etc.
- Make it easier to add new content, including new full screen galleries
- Have a more refined, professional look and feel
- Fully support browsing on iPhone, iPad, etc.
- Bit a little slicker, and more up2date behind the curtain
While there will be some downtime (I unfortunately can’t afford mirrored real time systems), hopefully it won’t be too painful. When all is said and done, I will try an write up my tips for setting up your own photography website.
Lightroom & WordPress user? Then check this out!
Getting my images from Lightroom to my website has always been a bit of an ordeal:
- Select images and export from Lightroom to disk
- Log into wordpress, and manage media
- Upload new images, and dig around on your hard disk to find them
- Create a new blog post, or page, or whatever, and then attach the images to them
If this sounds like you, then you absolutely need this Adobe Lightroom Export plugin from Luc Renambot called “Dossier De Presse”. Read on for more details and a sample gallery.
- What’s In The Box?
So Adobe has announced Creative Suite 5. There have already been some amazing preview video’s, but, as always with Adobe products, there will be the debate whether to upgrade or not. I am lucky enough to have Adobe Master Collection CS4, but here are the top three features which will probably push me down the upgrade path…